Friday 9 August 2013

šunga lunga fest 2013 - the poster

A quick post to kick off with:

šunga lunga fest 2013 - the poster


We are putting on a mini festival in the village of Petrov Nad Desnou this coming weekend. 17.8.2013
Now I'm no designer but somebody had to make the poster.
The idea came from circus posters which I suppose is fairly common as an inspiration and, I admit it, I nicked the Lion which really is the crux and feature. Now where did I find it?
I found it here european circus posters
In the right hands that image would be much better than I managed! 
So the site aqua velvet is just bloody great at collecting just the kind of images/works I love - like I said, I have only a layman's interest in design but I can quite happily look through the whole site - I wish it were a book though.
The other elements are the fonts which were freely downloadable:


So there you are. Well I hope the poster and the festival go well and if you are around the Jeseniky area of the Czech Republic next Saturday, 17th August, 2013 - then come and see us.

No comments:

Post a Comment